SharePoint Thing-A-Day #001 – Governance. Avoid death by fileshare.
SharePoint Thing a Day – Lesson 001 – Governance.
- Avoid death by fileshare.
- SharePoint, Teams, Planner and Office 365 projects need executive sponsorship.
- Without a mandate from above, adoption will falter or fail.
- If you allow a gap between what you want users to do, and what they technically can do, users will work around what you put in place.
- Get mandate; state policy; win adoption.
About SharePoint Thing-a-Day
SharePoint Thing-a-Day is a series of short, informative videos on SharePoint, SharePoint Online and Office 365, written and presented by Joel Jeffery, Director of JFDI’s SharePoint Consultancy Practice.
We hope you find them informative and maybe even inspiring.
More SP Things:
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #002 – Don’t stifle innovation.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #003 – Information Architecture. Folders are evil.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #004 – Information Architecture. Folders aren’t evil!
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #005 – Information Architecture – Metadata.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #006 – Information Architecture – Site Columns.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #007 – Information Architecture – Content Types.