SharePoint Thing-A-Day #002 – Don’t stifle innovation.
SharePoint Thing a Day – Lesson 002 -Don’t stifle innovation with overly strict policies.
- Don’t stifle innovation.
- Once you have a mandate and you’ve defined policies, you need escalation procedures for users with specific use cases and justifications.
- Build it and they will come; block them and they’ll go away.
About SharePoint Thing-a-Day
SharePoint Thing-a-Day is a series of short, informative videos on SharePoint, SharePoint Online and Office 365, written and presented by Joel Jeffery, Director of JFDI’s SharePoint Consultancy Practice.
We hope you find them informative and maybe even inspiring.
More SP Things:
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #001 – Governance. Avoid death by fileshare.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #003 – Information Architecture. Folders are evil.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #004 – Information Architecture. Folders aren’t evil!
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #005 – Information Architecture – Metadata.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #006 – Information Architecture – Site Columns.
- SharePoint Thing-A-Day #007 – Information Architecture – Content Types.